Hi! I’m Storm West, a creative and passionate freelance Graphic and Web Designer.I own and operate a company called Fiate Lux, which means “Let there be light” in Latin.
This motto applies to my life and my business, where I seek to illuminate a client’s branding and help shed light on ways to make business communication unique, appealing, professional and impactful.
Companies I had the pleasure to work with
Don’t let your company’s image and visual branding be left in the dark.
Through the following services, Fiate Lux can assist you to capture and grow your market presence:
- Brand Development (Colour Palette, Logos, CI document, Business Cards, Company Stationery, Microsoft Office Templates, etc.)
- Adverts (online/print)
- Packaging Design
- Portfolios and Folders
- Posters, Banners and Flyers
- Outdoor and Indoor Signage
- Brochures and Catalogues
- Proposals and Tenders
- Annual Reports
- Integrated Financial Reports
- Photo Editing
- Vector Infographics
Web Design and Build
- Great working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- WordPress, Wix and Shopify CMS
- Design and build of e-Commerce Websites
- Ability to do customisations using CSS
- Can implement SEO customisations provided by professional SEO agencies
- I’m an avid learner with regards to the back-end workings of web development, but my strength lies in the front-end and user experience.
- Articulate Rise 360 for online courses
- Skins/user interfaces for Apps on multiple devices
- Branded Mini Games platform – Creation of 3D characters for animation, background game scenery and assets
- Drawing of vector based scenery, objects and characters for use in video animations
- Digital PDF fillable forms
- HTML Emailers and Invitations
- Anything digital for web i.e. banners, ads, animated GIF’s and animated videos
This part of the process starts in my head and moves to my heart to spark an emotional connection to the message I need to convey for my client. It’s a very instinctual process for me and I’m fortunate to be able to use my skills, experience and creativity to journey from conceptualisation to a bright and smart design that surprises and delights every target audience.
At this point I tap into my client’s world to ensure that my design process and every detail connects to their desired message. This collaboration helps us make any necessary tweaks to ensure that we’ve got it right and are able to move forward boldly and with confidence.
If it’s a website, then it’s time to build it! I use WordPress platforms that can be customised and transformed into tailored sites using CSS. I never use an ‘out-of-the-box’ template but instead create something unique and purposefully branded. I build websites according to my design concept, not the other way around, so the templates are functional, logical and easy to navigate.